Mental Health First Aid Course on the Sunshine Coast – Run by our Accredited Mental Health First Aid Instructors
Mental Health First Aid Course on the Sunshine Coast
Next course in on February 11th – 12th, in Kawana
If you were faced with someone who was in the midst of a mental health crisis or experiencing an emerging mental illness, would you know what to do?
Our 12-hour Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) course run on the Sunshine Coast, teaches adults how to provide support to adults who are experiencing a mental health crisis or developing a mental illness (e.g. the person is suicidal or has had a traumatic experience).
Just like physical first aid and the related courses, Mental Health First Aid is applied until the crisis resolves or that person undertakes professional help. Mental Health First Aid strategies are taught in evidence-based training courses authored by Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Australia and delivered by accredited MHFA Instructors.
This course is not just for the workplace however, it is also suitable for work colleagues, parents, friends or anyone who may be experiencing mental health issues. The tools and skills gained can provide early intervention and support to someone who can then be referred on for professional treatment.
Mental health crisis situations covered in our Sunshine Coast course include:
- Suicidal thoughts and behaviours
- Traumatic events
- Severe effects of drug or alcohol use
- Severe psychotic states
- Aggressive behaviour
- Non-suicidal self-injury (sometimes called deliberate self-harm)
- Panic attacks
Developing mental health problems covered in our Sunshine Coast course include:
- Anxiety problems
- Substance use problems
Want to learn more about Mental Health First Aid? Listen to our Podcast episode dedicated to MHFA, with Tina Winchester
Did You Know:
- Did you know that 45% of Australians between the ages of 16-85 will experience a mental health condition in their lifetime? (Source ABS)
- It is estimated that untreated mental health conditions cost Australian workplaces approximately $10.9 billion per year and work related mental stress Workers Compensation claims have doubled in recent years.
- By 2020, the World Health Organisation estimates that depression will be the second leading cause of disability worldwide – that less than 3 years away!
Upon completion of the course you will receive a copy of the Standard MHFA Manual to keep and a Certificate of Completion.
*Source: 2007 National Survey of Mental Health & Wellbeing
Book Your Mental Health First Aid Course on the Sunshine Coast
MHFA 2 Day Course :
Please complete our contact form or phone on 07 3355 6688 to book your place
Enquire About Attending The Mental Health First Aid Course on the Sunshine Coast
Call on (07) 3355 6688 or complete the form below.