Mental Health Awareness Workshops
Run by our Accredited Mental Health Trainer, Tina Winchester
Mental Health Workshops For Companies in Australia
The Career Development Centre Workplace Program is a training program specifically for workplace settings. It aims to increase the knowledge and skills of staff, managers, human resources and organisational leaders to address mental health conditions in the workplace.
- Did you know that 45% of Australians between the ages of 16-85 will experience a mental health condition in their lifetime? (Source ABS)
- It is estimated that untreated mental health conditions cost Australian workplaces approximately $10.9 billion per year and work-related mental stress Workers Compensation claims have doubled in recent years (Beyondblue).
- On average, an employee with untreated depression will need 3-4 days of additional sick leave each month (Beyondblue).
- By 2020, the World Health Organisation estimates that depression will be the second leading cause of disability worldwide – that less than 3 years away!
The Career Development Centre uses an evidence-based approach, and focuses on:
- Increasing the awareness and understanding of anxiety, depression and suicide in the workplace
- How to have a conversation with a colleague you may be concerned about
- Building confidence to support a colleague or employee who may be experiencing anxiety and/or depression
- Supporting recovery at work
Our workshops are tailored to suit the audience and what would be relevant knowledge in their role, whether it be employees, managers or senior executives.
How much does it cost and what you can expect to receive:
Our Mental Health Workshops are customised to your industry sector and range from 1 hour lunch and learn style overviews right through to full day collaborative workshops.
Our workshops are highly interactive and go into a great level of information surrounding mental health awareness and its prevalence in the workplace. It is recommended for both employers & employees and may cover some or all of the following:
- Evidence based facts on workplace mental health in Australia
- Mental Health – what is it? who’s got it and what’s this got to do with me?
- Types of mental illnesses and what to look for including depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety and related disorders, panic attacks, substance abuse, suicidal thoughts & more
- What can I do? How to have a conversation, what to say, what not to say and where to access mental health support & more
- Work related stress and effects on performance and litigation claims
- Strategies to create a mentally well workplace
- How to look after yourself and your peers
- Employer & employee responsibilities
- Various activities, quizzes, question and answer and more
We will tailor a workshop for your industry and employee requirements – for a custom quote please give us a call on 07 3355 66878