Providing mentally well workplaces is an essential part of helping your employees thrive within their work environment.
A mentally well employee is more likely to have increased productivity and attention to detail, have less absenteeism and sick days, reduced rates of staff turnover, contribute to team goals, assist in lowering a businesses workers compensation claims and most importantly, want to come to work!
By educating your organisation leaders and employees and promoting a mentally well workplace, you are contributing to greater mental health outcomes for everyone.
Why is employee mental health so important to a business?
- Well, did you know that 45% of Australians between the ages of 16-85 will experience a mental health condition in their lifetime? (Source ABS)
- Whilst it is estimated that untreated mental health conditions cost Australian workplaces approximately $10.9 billion per year!
- And work-related mental stress Workers Compensation claims have doubled in recent years (Beyondblue).
- On average, an employee with untreated depression will need 3-4 days of additional sick leave each month (Beyondblue).
- By 2020, the World Health Organisation estimates that depression will be the second leading cause of disability worldwide – that is less than 2 years away!
At the Career Development Centre, we believe mental health and a fulfilling career go hand in hand. This is why we provide industry specific mental health training seminars and training for all types of businesses across Australia, with the aim to increase the knowledge and skills of employees, managers, human resources teams and organisational leaders in addressing mental health conditions in the workplace.
We use an evidence-based interactive approach that focuses on:
- Increasing the awareness and understanding of common and less common illnesses including anxiety, depression, suicide, substance abuse, stress, self-injury, psychosis, bipolar disorder and much more
- How and when to have a conversation with a colleague you may be concerned about
- Building confidence to support an employee who may be experiencing a mental illness
- Supporting recovery at work and associated programs
- Providing evidence-based facts on workplace mental health in Australia
- Showing how to access mental health support, have conversations & more
We work with all types of companies and industries across the Country
We train and work with mixed and varied companies across all of Australia, ranging from small and medium sized businesses, right up to large National and International organisations. An example of some of the industry types we train and consult with include:
- Human Resources & sales-based organisations
- Recruitment companies
- Construction, engineering and surveying businesses
- Trade and labour based companies
- Digital and media organisations
- Consultative and legal businesses
- And much more
Remember, mental health does not discriminate. It can affect everyone from the CEO to the Intern!
We will tailor a workshop for your industry and employee requirements, after a consultation with you on your exact needs, level of prior training and understanding and specific requests.
We have an aim to create more awareness about mental health and its effects in the workplace, with an ultimate goal to create Mentally Well Workplaces across Australia.
Business are also welcome to enquire about undertaking the accredited Mental Health First Aid Course, on top of a training and informative seminar. For more information about the course, click here.
For a custom quote please give us a call on 07 3355 6688